Know your rights: What to consider before you submit to a journal and sign a copyright transfer agreement
This workshop will go over some of the main points to consider when submitting to a journal with regards to author rights. For example, what rights do you maintain? What can you do with your article once it’s published? Are you permitted to post it online? Can you share it via social media sites? Etc.
This workshop will engage in practical, hands-on exercises to review the author agreements of major journal publishers.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify and compare copyright transfer agreements between journal publishers
- Evaluate journals based on their author rights agreements
- Describe which author rights are retained/transferred in these agreements
During the session we will look at actual copyright transfer agreements and publisher policies. If you’ve published (or are planning to publish soon), please bring along any relevant examples from your own experience. Everyone is welcome to attend – no need to have published previously!
Related LibGuide: Author Rights by Jessica Lange
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- 12:00pm - 1:15pm
- HSSL - McLennan e-Classroom
- Humanities and Social Sciences Library
- Jessica Lange