Introduction to Wikipedia in English
You use Wikipedia, why not better understand how it works?
It is well known that Wikipedia is one of the most important sources of information in the world. Nevertheless, its content creation and management remains more or less unknown.
This presentation aims to demystify Wikipedia so readers are able to better evaluate, critique and navigate its content.
Participants will learn:
- How to navigate the Wikipedia interface
- How articles are created.
- How articles are evaluated.
- How articles are cited.
- Who contributes to Wikipedia.
- Who governs Wikipedia.
- What are Wikipedia's sister projects?
Please regsiter for the workshop at the following link : https://apps.library.mcgill.ca/workshops-and-tours/view-by-workshop/3282
Michael David MILLER, Liaison Librarian for French Langauge Litertaure, Economics and LGBTQ+ Studies
If you have any questions, please contact Michael David MILLER at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Motivated People
Here are some resources that show you how to contribute to Wikipedia :
- Create a Wikipedia account: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
- Discover the criteria for admissibility and notoriety of articles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability
- Explore getting started tools on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Michael David MILLER
Pronoms : il / lui
Bibliothécaire de liaison en littératures de langue française, sciences économiques et études de genre, de sexualité et de féminisme
Pronouns: he / him / his
Liaison librarian for French language literature, economics and gender, sexuality and feminist studies