Introduction to working with Raster Data in ArcGIS Pro
ESRI ArcGIS is the industry standard of Geographic Information Systems software. It can create, edit, visualize, analyze and publish geospatial information on Windows. In the workshop you will learn how to work with geospatial raster data.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to
- Understand the principles of a GIS and the basics of geospatial data
- Understand the structure of ArcGIS Pro and common data types used
- Understanding raster data
- Raster calculation/ Map Algebra
- Importing raster files
- Define projection
- Mosaic rasters
- Masking raster (by shape & by values)
- Zonal statistics
- Slope, Aspect, Hillshade
Prerequisite: none; if you want to use your own computer, please install ArcGIS Pro beforehand. As a McGill student you can request your license by contacting email@example.com.
This workshop will take place in classroom BH511 and will take about 2.5 hours. Registration for this workshop will be open until 10 AM on the day of the workshop. The instructor will be Clara Féré.
- Wednesday, July 6, 2022
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Clara Féré
- Campus event