The Art of Explaining Science to Non-Specialists
Would you like to learn how to help non-specialists understand key knowledge and novel research in your field? Join us for a 60-minute webinar where you’ll learn strategies for explaining specialized research in a clear and compelling manner to people outside of your field. We’ll present strategies that you can apply to talks, short texts, social media posts, and more.
• Consider how you can use your knowledge and communication skills to help non-specialists better understand scientific or engineering research
• Identify stylistic and structural elements of science communication
• Practice techniques for communicating in ways that are clear and compelling
Brenden Moeun is a PhD Candidate in Chemical Engineering and a fellow at the Office of Science Education where he works on educational research and science communication projects.
Since 2017, Dr. Diane Dechief has been designing and teaching science communication courses. At McGill, she is the Office of Science Education’s Science communication specialist.
Take a look at our Science Literacy Week calendar to find other great events on campus beginning September 18.
Related LibGuide: Science Literacy Week @ McGill by April Colosimo
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- Diane Decheif and Brenden Moeun
- Science Literacy Week
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.